53g / 4.4g
2,400 / 200
- 125g Grass-fed Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup Coconut Sugar
- 3 Bananas (over-ripe are best). mashed
- 2 Free-Range Eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup Milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 1/2 cups Buckwheat Flour
- 1/3 cup Organic Artisan Cocoa Protein Powder
- 1/3 cup Choc Chips
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarb Soda
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 extra Banana (optional decoration)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease a baking loaf tin.
- Using a mixer*, beat the butter and sugar until smooth and creamed.
- Add the bananas, eggs and milk and lightly beat until combined.
- Stir through flour, protein powder, choc chips, baking powder, bicarb soda and salt.
- Pour mixture into tin.
- Decorate bread with a sliced banana by placing on top of bread & gently push into mixture.
- Bake for approximately 40-55 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from tin & cool on wire cake rack. Enjoy!
*if you don’t have a mix master, you can blitz all ingredients (except choc chips and extra banana) in a blender until smooth.